The HOWL Service Center provides services to the greater Jonesboro community with academic and therapeutic services. These services are provided by supervised graduate students enrolled in the Educational Specialist degree programs for School Psychology or Clinical Mental Health Counseling at AState. Fees fall on a sliding scale based on income, number of dependents, and number of clients within a household.
Your First Session
- Bring the following documents: 1) Proof of Household Income 2) Any legal custody, adoption or similar documents
- Expect to fill out paperwork. Much like any service office, we have lots of forms.
- As our Clinicians are learning, they capture all sessions on video for their supervisors to provide feedback. Typically video is through a small ipod on a table in the room.
- Payment will be discussed with a Clinician at the check in desk. Payment is due at the time of service and may be made online or in exact cash.
- Expect interviews and background information about concerns to be the main focus of the first appointment. Any documentation of concerns may be helpful to the Clinician and Supervisor.
The HOWL Service Center is located on the Arkansas State University main Jonesboro Campus on the first floor of the Education and Communications Building. This building shares a parking lot with the iconic Bell Tower of the Dean B. Ellis Library. Free visitor parking is indicated by a blue square marked with a white “V.” in the map below.
FROM RED WOLF BLVD TO CAMPUS 1. On Red Wolf Blvd. turn West at the traffic signal at Red Wolf Blvd and Johnson Ave. 2. Turn left (South) onto Marion Berry Pkwy, entering campus. 3. Turn Right (West) at the first stop sign onto Aggie Rd. 4. Turn Left (South) on University Loop. 5. Turn left (North) into the parking lot. The entrance to the building is located facing (West) towards the large parking lot near the library in the Education and Communication Building. When entering the building, the HOWL Service Center doors are on your immediate left.